- Organizational Chart & Centers
- OSP Organizational Chart
- Campus Organizational Chart
- Center for Biomedical Science and Engineering (CBSE)
- Center for Infrastructure Engineering Studies (CIES)
- Energy Research & Development (ERDC)
- Environmental Research Center for Emerging Contaminants (ERC)
- Intelligent Systems Center (ISC)
- Materials Research Center (MRC)
- Office of Technology Transfer and Economic Development (OTTED)
- Rock Mechanics and Explosives Research Center (RMERC)
- G&C Administration Fact Sheet
- Proposal Development Assistance
- Research Administration
- Policies, Procedures & Resources
- UM Research Board
- Research Highlights
- Best-in-Class Strategic Areas
- Contact Information
University of Missouri Research Board
The University of Missouri Research Board is an organization that reviews and selects proposals on a semi-annual basis that it expects to bring significant return to the University on its investment and to increase the visibility of the faculty and programs. For further information please view the UM Research Board web site.
There are two types of UM Research Board Projects that are submitted twice a year:
- Individual or Collaborative project
- Special Opportunity
New Research Board Processing System
Due to the implementation of a new system for entry, please have your proposal submitted to OSP (online submission in the system and a hard copy of the entire proposal print out of the system) along with the Research Board Signature Sheet within one business day of the due date.
UM Research Board Process (Pre-award)
- New System Training
- Prepare proposal within the Research Board System.
- Submit electronically to OSP for review.
- Ensure PI, Co-PI, and Chair sign on the Research Board Signature Routing Sheet (signoff sheet)
- Submit the OSP-reviewed proposal electronically and OSP will mail the signed hard copy to the UM Research Board
UM Research Board Process (Post-award)
- After notification from UM Research Board that you have been awarded, submit a revised budget and provide a start date. (The start date has to be within 6 months of the award notification.)
- Budget modifications which exceed the amount approved by more than $500 requires approval from the Vice Provost for Research.
- OSP will request a chartfield string and notify the PI.
- The Research Board Time Extension form must be submitted to the Vice Provost for Research at least 2 months prior to the end date of the project. Your request must be sent to 202 Centennial Hall or email@example.com . A second time extension (anything over 12 months from the original start date) requires the submittal of the Research Board Final Time Extension through the OSP to the Research Board Office in Columbia. See the guideline book for further information.
- A financial report is required within 90 days of the project's termination. The report, approved and signed by the campus official, must list total expenditures in each budget category along with any balance returned to the Board.
- A Research Board Technical Report is also required 1 year following your projects termination and must be submitted to Ashley Wilson and the OSP account manager.