- Our Expertise
- Research Highlights
- Contact Us
The Office of Sponsored Programs offers specialized proposal and grant development assistance for multi-investigator projects that meet at least one of the following criteria:
Customized assistance may include solicitation analysis, project management of the proposal process, and narrative development support. PIs can maximize Proposal Development staff services by securing assistance early in the process and enabling their Proposal Developer to function as a full project team member through proposal submission.
- Create master list of required content based on solicitation
- Develop preliminary outline for technical narrative content
- Track updates to solicitation and FAQs
- Create and maintain proposal development timeline
- Assist with assignment and tracking of team member content responsibilities
- Facilitate early communication with OSP pre-award staff about potentially complex issues
- Assist with content collection and document version control
- Advise team members regarding rhetorical strategy
- Help maintain consistency between various pieces of content as details shift
- Provide close editing of narratives and basic formatting assistance
"The proposal development team provided valuable support throughout the process. Summer’s revisions and questions allowed us to be explicit in our narrative and communicate to those on the panel who may not be from our discipline. She also worked with me to incorporate the feedback from the mock review panel she put together for us. Sarah’s graphics allowed us to illustrate several key concepts very well while saving space for us. She also allowed us to effectively highlight the main points with pull out quotes. All in all, the team significantly improved our proposal."
Kwame Awuah-Offei, PhD
Mining & Nuclear Engineering
Requests for assistance from PIs of qualifying multi-investigator proposals must be submitted at least one month prior to the full proposal submission date and will be accepted based on Proposal Development staff capacity in relation to submission deadlines. PIs are encouraged to request assistance immediately upon targeting a solicitation in order to determine whether proposal development staff assistance will be available.
Please contact Summer Young, Lead Proposal Developer, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance with a qualifying proposal.